The custodial position is responsible for the daily upkeep of their assigned location.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday – 3:30 pm to midnight
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans and disinfects all rooms as assigned
2. Clean disinfect, and restock bathrooms daily
3. Collects trash and recycling and deposits in designated locations
4. Vacuum, sweep, dry mop, and wet mop floors as needed.
5. Dust ledges, furniture, high surfaces at a minimum of once per week
6. Clean windows, door handles, water fountains as needed
7. Replace light bulbs as needed
8. Remove snow and apply ice melt on steps and sidewalks adjacent to assigned building
9. Report damage and any unusual issues to your immediate Supervisor
10. After cleaning, secure all rooms and exterior doors as required
11. Move furniture as needed
12. Event setup/breakdown as required
13. Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each principle duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skill and/or ability necessary.
Physical Demands: Must be able to walk, talk, hear, stoop, drawl, climb stairs and lift up to 75 lbs. Must be able to work indoors or outdoors and be able to evaluate and report on work. Must have specific vision abilities, to include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. Occasionally the position requires the employee to work extended or irregular hours. Possess effective communication, judgmental, planning and human relations skills and will be required to work under periods of stress due to the level of the position responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terms of Employment: 12 months/260 days
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Provide cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to http://apply.interfolio.com/104761
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is responsive inclusive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.