Lafayette College Libraries seeks a librarian to join its Research and Instructional Services team. The successful candidate will participate in the Libraries’ information literacy program, including the First-Year Seminar program and the information literacy grant initiative; provide in-person and virtual research assistance; and support instruction-related outreach efforts.
Lafayette College is a highly selective, private liberal arts college with degree programs in the arts, sciences, and engineering. With endowment per student ranked among the top 2% of all U.S. colleges and universities, it offers a small college environment with large college resources. The Library is the recipient of the 2014 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, which recognized, among other accomplishments, the Lafayette Libraries’ innovative approaches to acquisition, information literacy, and digital scholarship.
● ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in library/information science
● At least one year of information literacy instruction experience in an academic library
● Exceptional problem-solving, research, and teaching skills
● Knowledge of a wide range of information sources and technologies
● Solid understanding of current learning, teaching, and information literacy theory and best practices
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong work ethic and service orientation
● Ability to work closely and effectively with faculty, staff, and students
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Demonstrated commitment to equity, justice, and inclusion
Salary: $65,000. Lafayette College offers a generous benefits package, including college tuition support for children. The Libraries strongly encourages and generously supports professional development.
Application deadline: January 22, 2024
Expected starting date: July 1, 2024
For consideration, please submit a resume, a cover letter, and the names of three professional references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled Please apply to:.http://apply.interfolio.com/137500
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is responsive, inclusive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.