Lafayette College has an opening for a secretary supporting both the Art and Music Departments. These departments are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to perform office and secretarial duties. The specific duties and requirements of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for registering students for private music lessons. Retrieve registration data from Qualtrics platform.
• Forward student registration material to private instructors so they can compile a teaching schedule.
• Receive teaching schedules from private instructors and schedule rooms for private lesson teaching. Teaching instructors include 26 adjunct faculty members.
• Pull teaching schedules from Cognos.
• Post classes, ensemble rehearsals and private lesson schedules to Teamup calendar.
• Post Music Department concerts to College Calendar.
• Collect information from ensemble directors for department concerts, including stage set-up, piano tunings, ordering refreshments, preparing programs, preparing stipends, etc.
• Submit faculty payment information to Provost for adjuncts
• Submit payment authorization requests
• Order and maintain all office supplies
• Update syllabi as requested
• Assist faculty as needed
• Coordinate end of semester music juries with adjuncts and full-time faculty
• Arrange for field trips, including transportation arrangements, museum reservations and ticket purchase
• Pay bills as required
• Check budgets in Banner
• Prepare work orders
• Submit campus announcements
Candidates must have strong computer skills and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, G Suite, and PowerPoint, Moodle and Spaces, Google Drive, WordPress, Qualtrics, and Banner. The most competitive candidate must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; have a willingness to learn new technology; and have the ability to track and meet deadlines, and to work on a self-directed basis.
It is the College’s intention to fill job vacancies from within the College before hiring new employees, providing employees are available with the necessary qualifications. Internal candidates who make application within 3 working days following the posting, will be considered first. Applications from candidates not currently employed by the College will not be considered in the first 3 working days following the posting and will only be considered if there are no qualified internal applicants.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing relevant experience, a resume, and contact information for three references, via lnterfolio. http://apply.interfolio.com/135917
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.