Lafayette College seeks a collaborative, student-centered, outcome-focused professional to support and advise the Vice President of Student Life and the strategic initiatives of the division. The position presents an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and competent individual to support the mission of the College and the strategic priorities and operations of the division of student life. This position would play a role in strategic planning for the division, advancing signature programs of the Vice President, operations to achieve divisional goals including tracking and assessment, professional development and training programs within the division, and collaborate with the Vice President on all matters related to the board of trustees.
Specific responsibilities and duties
• Strategic Planning, Advancement of divisional goals
• Serve as the senior advisor to the Vice President on short- and long-term strategies, managing issues of urgency and risk, infrastructure, budget, personnel, and operations.
• Relationship building with students, faculty, and staff to advance goals of division
• Lead cross-divisional and cross-departmental project organization
• Partner closely with the Vice President’s direct reports and sit on the senior leadership team
• Create, empower, deliver professional development, workshops, training for division staff
• Organize and advise the Vice-President’s student advisory board
• Represent the Vice President of Student Life where needed
• Promote the work of the division with students and campus partners
• With the Vice President’s executive assistant, manage the Vice President’s allocation of time with strategic priorities in mind
• Manage consistency of communication between departments of the division and from the division to outside stakeholders
• Demonstrate a high level of cultural fluency using an inclusive lens for all work of the division
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and communications
• Other duties as assigned
Candidate Profile and Qualifications
The college seeks a colleague who has a demonstrable record of collaboration, love of students, creative and effective management of operations and strategies that center students, and producing outcomes that benefit students. Additionally, the candidate will possess the highest level of commitment to Lafayette’s liberal arts mission, and work with integrity, humility, and honesty to achieve outcomes.
• Master’s degree in related field required, terminal degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a higher education environment
• Proven ability to center students, build good relationships with students, faculty, staff, administration, trustees, donors, and parents
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and inclusively in achieving outcomes
• Demonstrated skills and proficiency with both written and oral communication
• Demonstrated excellence in management of people and operations
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Works with a positive attitude and a love of students
• Evidence of exercising discretion on confidential and private matters
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. http://apply.interfolio.com/133313
Lafayette College is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.