Lafayette College Libraries seeks two librarians to join its Research and Instructional Services team. The successful candidates will participate in the Libraries’ information literacy program, including the First-Year Seminar program and the information literacy grant initiative; provide in-person and virtual research assistance; and support instruction-related outreach efforts. One successful candidate will serve as Kirby Librarian, with special liaison responsibilities to the government and law department. Depending upon interests and qualifications, opportunities are available to participate in course affordability initiatives, assist students working on digital humanities research projects, or provide outreach services and programs to students writing honors theses.
● ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in library/information science
● Research and instruction experience in an academic setting
● Exceptional problem-solving, research, and teaching skills
● Knowledge of a wide range of information sources and technologies
● Solid understanding of current learning, teaching, and information literacy theory and best practices
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong work ethic and service orientation
● Ability to work closely and effectively with faculty, staff, and students
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Demonstrated commitment to equity, justice, and inclusion
Lafayette College is a highly selective, private liberal arts college with degree programs in the arts, sciences, and engineering. With endowment per student ranked among the top 2% of all U.S. colleges and universities, it offers a small college environment with large college resources. The Library is the recipient of the 2014 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, which recognized, among other accomplishments, the Lafayette Libraries’ innovative approaches to acquisition, information literacy, and digital scholarship.
Lafayette College offers a generous benefits package, including college tuition support for children. The Libraries strongly encourages and generously supports professional development.
For consideration, please submit a resume, a cover letter, and the names of three professional references via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/129865. Review of applications will begin in September and will continue until the position is filled.
Lafayette College is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.