The Associate Director of Prospect Management position offers an opportunity to be a key partner within the Lafayette College Development Team in the College Relations Division (Development & Alumni Engagement). The selected candidate will be responsible for creating optimal portfolios, strategic prospect pipelines, effective tools and training, and donor-centric fundraising policies that secure philanthropic support for Lafayette College.
The candidate will have the ability to partner across diverse constituencies; demonstrate excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication, organizational, and project management skills; and the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines. The candidate will work both independently and as part of cross-collaborative teams; exhibit sound judgment with confidential information; support Lafayette’s commitment to advancement and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); and demonstrate advanced-level technical/computer skills that include proficiency with standard applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Reporting Structure: Reports to the Senior Executive Director, Development Research
• Build regional and initiative-based prospect portfolios; meet quarterly with individual gift officers to ensure manageable pool size and travel efficiency; leverage data from internal CRM and external vendors to identify prospects for specific fundraising priorities, event invitations, and leadership roles; establish, document, and provide training on procedures
• Assist Sr. Exec Director with wealth and philanthropic evaluations on prospects
• Assist front-line gift officers with writing/editing of engagement summaries and philanthropic snapshots on prospects
• Assist Sr. Exec Director with data mining projects and vendor screenings to proactively identify new major donor prospects and assign them to development staff
• Assist Sr. Exec Director in preparing briefing materials for the President & College leadership
• Work on the Volunteer Leadership Initiative pipeline (VLI) to help identify new potential volunteers for positions across the Lafayette College community. Positions include Alumni/Trustee Associates, Regional Advisory Councils members, and key leadership positions within the Trustee & Governance structure
• Work with campus liaisons throughout the College and volunteer leaders to identify potential council members who can help advance the College in enrollment, career services, and fundraising & engagement, and to cultivate potential and future volunteers and leaders for the College
• Bachelor’s degree, with at least 3 to 5 years experience in Prospect Management, Development Research, or Business intelligence or related fields. Preferred: experience with Ellucian Advance or other enterprise fundraising systems within a complex development/fundraising operation.
• Experience in uncovering and evaluating information through online research; methodical and organized approach to work; good team skills; common-sense problem-solving skills and workflow management skills; good judgment in prioritizing and completing tasks
• Be motivated to work both independently and as a member of a team; and be interested in working across organizational units, both within the development office and across other divisions at the College
• Demonstrate scrupulous attention to matters of confidentiality and ethics
• Must be able to write well and synthesize complex information
• Knowledge of the College’s educational philosophy and mission
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to social, cultural, and economic differences
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and references online at: http://apply.interfolio.com/128755
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.