The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Development & Community Relations position offers an opportunity to join the Lafayette Athletics Leadership Team and manage the athletic department’s fundraising efforts as the College moves into a comprehensive fundraising campaign. The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Development & Community Relations will also serve as the Executive Director of the Maroon Club and will report to the Director of Athletics, with dotted line responsibility to the Vice President of Development and Donor Engagement. The position is responsible for the development, management and execution of a comprehensive strategy to cultivate and steward prospects that will ultimately support the vision and goals of the athletics program. The incumbent is also responsible for the creation of strategies and events to support the institution’s efforts to engage more broadly with the Easton community and beyond.
● Manage all aspects of athletics fundraising with alignment to the vision for athletics within the overall mission of the College
● Coordinate the athletics fundraising efforts for the College’s campaign in conjunction with central development
● Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors with a specific focus on major gift prospects.
● Maintain a high level of coordination between Athletics and Development to ensure that fundraising goals are met
● Develop annual fundraising strategies for our 23 sport programs
● Represent the College at athletic events that promote engagement and philanthropy
● Lead efforts to identify new and innovative fundraising methods, ways to structure gifts and to communicate with constituents
● Direct and lead the tasks and goals of the Athletic Development team – Assistant Athletic Director for Development and Community Relations and the Special Assistant to the AD for Alumni Engagement
● Work closely with the Maroon Club Executive Committee on the coordination of meetings, events and fundraising strategies to achieve annual fundraising goals
● Engage with alumni and community members to generate interest and support for athletics and our initiatives
● Organize and coordinate meetings with internal and external constituents to develop methods for stronger community engagement
● Participate as a member of the College’s Development team and coordinate all athletic fundraising efforts in alignment with central development policies and procedures
● Establish strong working relationships with key campus partners (athletic communications, President’s Office, Student Life, etc.) to execute fundraising, communication and event strategies.
● Oversight of the Ticket and Promotions Manager
● Potential to oversee select varsity sports
● If applicable, will assist with setting goals and expectations of sport competitive performance, provide leadership and direction to aid in the development of our coaches and conduct performance evaluations
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree required. Highly energetic and engaging individual with at least 3 years of fundraising experience or 5 years of related experience (i.e., marketing, sales) within an intercollegiate athletics environment. The position requires exceptional organizational and analytical thinking skills, a demonstrated capacity to develop relationships with a diverse community, and the ability to engage and motivate prospects and volunteers.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, Trustees) and internal (faculty, staff, colleagues) constituents.
● Ability to work with a variety of personalities and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Ability and willingness to travel and manage a complex work schedule (including commitments during the evening, weekends, and holidays)
● High level of energy and enthusiasm combined with a commitment to execute the mission and vision of the College and the department.
● Experience with Microsoft Office is essential as well as familiarity with web based interfaces and fundraising software. Knowledge of and commitment to uphold NCAA and Patriot League rules and regulations are required.
● Five or more years of athletic fundraising experience
● Fundraising experience towards a comprehensive, multi-year campaign.
● Experience in working directly with head coaches for the purpose of establishing goals and objectives for their performance.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references http://apply.interfolio.com/122526
Lafayette College is a private, undergraduate-only institution offering programs across the arts, sciences, and engineering on a coeducational, residential campus rich in history and beauty. Lafayette is located in Easton, PA within 70 miles of New York and Philadelphia. As part of the culturally vibrant Lehigh Valley with neighboring cities Bethlehem and Allentown, Easton is home to a dynamic restaurant culture, annual festivals, a historic farmers’ market, and arts institutions. Lafayette Athletics, as a partner in the mission of the College, provides an incredibly effective learning experience for student-athletes through competitive NCAA Division I athletics. Lafayette sponsors 23 varsity sports with approximately 580 student-athletes.
Lafayette College is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.