The Heating/Plumbing Mechanic maintains and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain, repair, assemble, and install condensers, compressors, motors, heat exchangers, heat pumps, stationary boilers, cooling towers, and other units of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
2. Assemble and connect pipes and ducts used in piping refrigerants, steam, hot water, and warm or conditioned air.
3. Overhaul and repair pumps, compressors, controls, piping, ducts, and other equipment used in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
4. Experience with pneumatic control systems.
5. Check the operation of the water-cooling tower and drains water lines when switching from air conditioning to heating.
6. Use standard tools, materials, methods, and practices involved in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
7. Protect against occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
8. Organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
9. Take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
10. Take care of tools, equipment, materials, and supplies.
11. Use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
12. Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend any required meetings.
13. Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by their supervisor, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
14. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read blue prints.
Education and/or Experience: To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each duty. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skill and/or ability necessary.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Requires 5 years experience installing, repairing, and troubleshooting heating systems.
3. Experience and/or training with building automation systems.
4. Trade school certification preferred.
Physical Demands: Must be able to walk, talk, hear, stoop, drawl, climb stairs and lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work indoors or outdoors and be able to evaluate and report on work. Must have specific vision abilities, to include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. Occasionally the position requires the employee to work extended or irregular hours. Possess effective communication, judgmental, planning and human relations skills and will be required to work under periods of stress due to the level of the position responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terms of Employment: 12 months/260 days
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references. http://apply.interfolio.com/120207
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is responsive inclusive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.