The Library Systems & Technology Manager is an IT professional who supports, manages, and maintains the library’s computing environment. The Manager must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated technology expertise. Collaborating with librarians, library staff, and the College’s Information Technology Services (ITS), the Systems & Technology Manager will: contribute technical expertise to the maintenance of the library’s technology infrastructure, including the integrated library services platform, website, interlibrary loan system, and discovery service; troubleshoot IT issues across the libraries’ service portfolio; and oversee technologies in the library’s public and staff areas such as printers, scanners, circulating technology, digitization, and 3D printers and other makerspace technologies. The Manager will also provide leadership and guidance in identifying and implementing innovative emerging technologies in the libraries. In addition to having technical proficiency and problem solving skills, the Manager should be interested in libraries, understand the exploratory nature of our work, and be enthusiastic about using and supporting technology within academic libraries.
Salary is $58,000 to start and comes with a generous benefits package including medical, retirement, vacation and holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Professional development is strongly encouraged and funded through the library’s budget.
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. The libraries reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
● Develop and maintain technology in public areas of the library including innovative technologies (for example, makerspace or data visualization tools).
● Assist in the migration to and maintenance of the new integrated library system, FOLIO.
● Oversee the maintenance of printers, scanners, copiers, and circulating technology; help develop and implement policies for the management and storage of digital assets generated by library scanners.
● Serve as a first point of contact for troubleshooting IT issues in the libraries and act as a liaison between the libraries and ITS.
● Assist in managing the library’s discovery service, EDS, and other library-specific systems.
● Serve as the primary contact for vendors and contracts for library technology and equipment.
● Assist in purchasing and implementing equipment for staff use.
● Participate in web design and development for the online catalog, library website, and discovery system.
● Engage in relevant professional development to stay up to date on library technologies.
● Hire, train, and supervise student workers when needed to assist with daily tasks.
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
● At least 2 years of relevant experience.
● Knowledge and experience with management of library systems, or demonstrated willingness to learn.
● Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems and hardware, and command-line tools.
● Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and ability to provide leadership in the implementation of emerging technologies within an academic library environment.
● Demonstrated service ethic and ability to provide patron-focused services.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Familiarity with the implementation of open source software, especially library open source solutions.
● Experience and skills with project management, including project management tools.
● Experience or familiarity with library software and discovery tools.
● Interest in or familiarity with digitization technologies and digital asset management, including file-naming, directory structures, and metadata.
● Willingness/desire to represent the library on product councils or steering committees for open source products.
● Experience supervising student workers.
Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing relevant experience, resume, and contact information for three references. http://apply.interfolio.com/86660