The mission of The Dyer Center is to provide student entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills necessary to launch and expand business ventures and to invigorate their entrepreneurial spirit with new ideas. The Dyer Center delivers innovative programs and provides experiential learning opportunities to students. The general purpose of the center is to engage students and form a functional ecosystem for education, industry, and community while growing and attracting talented entrepreneurs and innovators.
The successful candidate is expected to develop, deliver, and manage entrepreneurship programming to the campus and community, provide leadership to ensure that The Dyer Center realizes its purpose, and works effectively with faculty and campus staff in recruitment, retention, and instruction.
The position includes mentoring; building interest for and enrollment in the program; and supporting the effort to foster and maintain productive business, education, industry, and economic and community development partnerships.
* Assisting the Director in planning and manage diverse events throughout the year. (i.e. multidisciplinary hackathons, startup company site visits, guest lectures, competitions, workshops).
. Estimate and implement program budgets
. Strategize and outline goals and objectives of the program
. Assign project managers and team members to projects
* Assist in developing and manage initiatives that promote the inclusion of underrepresented populations in innovation and entrepreneurship
* Ability to act independently, take initiative and promote innovation
* Successful experience working in a collaborative, team environment
* High level of organizational ability, including the ability to organize and coordinate a diverse workload with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
* Provide exemplary leadership in an environment that is fast-paced with high expectations;
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Experience in design, social media and promotion materials
* Passion for entrepreneurship
* Previous practical and academic entrepreneurial experiences (e.g., starting businesses, venture capital relationships, etc.)
* University program management and/or startup experience and/or venture capital experience; and
* Demonstrated command of Lean Startup, customer development, and entrepreneurship principles.
Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
* Business Administration, Social Innovation, Finance, or Related Field.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications and the names of three professional references via interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/58399.