The Associate/Senior Associate Director, Employer Relations and Outreach will work closely with the AVP of Career Services and career team to implement and manage a comprehensive employer relations and outreach strategy, developing and maintaining focused and strong relationships with employers. This individual will create, coordinate, implement, and manage workflows to positively affect employer retention and manage efforts to increase the quality and number of full-time and internship/internship opportunities provided for Lafayette College students. This position serves as a primary point of contact for organizations interested in hiring Lafayette College students and is a key relationship-builder with existing and future employers, representing the College in phone, e-mail, and face-to-face contact with employers.
• Manage the implementation of an employer relations strategy to identify and source internship/internship and full-time employment opportunities for the wide range of student interests.
• Collaborate with AVP of Career Services and career services team to research employment/hiring trends and student interests to develop target lists/new opportunities.
• Meet bi-weekly with career counselors to coordinate outreach efforts, assess student engagement with posted opportunities, and evaluate employer outcome productivity.
• Co-manage a portfolio of employer relationships; facilitate outreach to prospective and active employers through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; and conduct regular employer meetings in-person or by phone to build portfolio and maintain current relationships.
• Counsel employers with regard to the most effective means of identifying potential job candidates to meet the employer’s specific needs, including, but not limited to: campus recruitment, job postings, internships, career events, and exposure on campus; advise employers on marketing strategies, hiring timelines, recruitment policies and expectations for event participation and student involvement.
• Adhere to the NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice.
• In collaboration with the career services team, facilitate the participation of existing and prospective employers with Lafayette College students in targeted career events and recruitment activities.
• Working with the AVP and career services team, develop student programming sessions to assist with student preparation in targeted career tracks.
• Provide timely and effective responses (telephone, direct mail, and email) to employer inquiries regarding recruitment and employment brand building at Lafayette College.
• Assist, as needed, with our summer internship stipend and housing application and selection process.
Employer Relations Operations & Technology
• Work closely with the Assistant Director of Recruiting Operations to ensure our posted opportunities are satisfying user groups’ needs, e.g., employers, students, faculty, career counselors, employer and professional network development.
• Implement approval criteria when reviewing new employer registrations and opportunity postings for legitimacy, alumni connections, accuracy, and relevance to student interests; maintain employer-related data integrity, e.g., completeness of required fields, contact information.
• Implement employer access and restrictions consistent with career services policies and resolve employer access issues.
• Track all employer contacts, services utilized and recruitment activities in applicable systems, e.g. Symplicity and/or relationship management system.
• Evaluate opportunity postings and promote internally; systematically collect student performance and job-offer data; provide bi-monthly opportunity and outcomes report for the AVP and counseling team.
• In collaboration with our Assistant Director of Recruiting Operations, manage student application process for positions posted in Symplicity. Assure the accuracy and integrity of information contained in the database.
• Create and implement comprehensive marketing plans to systematically market employer opportunities to students and faculty.
• Work collaboratively with all Career Services staff to support Lafayette College students
• Create and deliver relevant workshop content for students
• Assist with front office operations and event coordination, including employer visits
• Produce additional reports as needed
• Assist in hiring, training and supervising student employees as needed
• Support the Career Services overall strategy as a team member
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time to effectively establish and maintain employer relationships.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Strong ability to think analytically and strategically in a highly collaborative working environment; fostering productive working relationships is essential
• Ability to effectively communicate to employers, faculty, staff and students, alumni and parents
• Must be well organized and able to prioritize effectively
• Must be able to remain flexible and adapt to shifting priorities as necessary
• Must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills—written and oral (email, in person, phone)
• Able to solve problems and make good solid decisions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years’ experience in higher education, human resources, career services or recruiting in a team based environment
• Knowledge of the college internship/job search process cycles is essential
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/47864. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.